Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Piano Teacher's Recital



Yesterday (Friday the 13th), Amar and I went to one of the Graduate Chamber Recitals at IU's Jacobs School of Music, in which my piano teacher Natsuki played as an accompaniest.

She did a really great job, and we thoroughly enjoyed the concert as well as being very proud of Natsuki.
She is a Masters student in the Jacobs School of Music (which is considered one of the best music schools in the U.S.), and I have been really enjoying learning the piano with her.

The number they played was Trio No.1 in D Minor, Op. 49 by Felix Mendelssohn, and Natsuki accompanied her fellow senior students, Shu-Ting and Yeon, two Chinese doctors in Violin and Cello, respectively.

Though I have a long way ahead of me to be able to play in a trio or ensemble, it would be my dream come true if I can play with a cellist or a violinist some day... But at the moment, I am content with practicing smaller pieces like Bach's Well-Tempered Klavier, a sonata of Mozart's, and a Prelude of Rachmaninoff's (these three are the pieces I am practicing right now). (Among all the pieces I have practiced, I feel most comfortable and relaxed when I play Bach - and he is my most favorite composer to listen to, too.)

No comments: