Sunday, August 19, 2007

Harvest from our Garden!


(Apples and basils from our backyard)

Yesterday morning, when I was watering the garden, I found a happy surprise!! --- APPLES on a tree in our yard!!!

An apple fell down and made a noise when I was watering around the tree, which made me notice that there are more of them around the tree and even more on the tree. So I collected all the dropped ones and some reachable ones on the tree that morning, and then I asked Amar to pick more in higher places when he came home later.

Wow, this is the first time ever in my life to have a fruit tree in my backyard - and I can tell you that it's quite a nice feeling (^^). I think that it adds both a color and a flavor to our daily life.

We so far tasted some of the apples in a few ways - just as they are, in smoothies, and in an apple yogurt cake, all of which proved very tasty. And I'm looking forward to making more of these and other things, too.

But well, maybe I should first obtain a tool which allows me to pick all the fruits borne at higher spots on the tree, before dreaming all that///


(More apples picked up by Amar and an apple yogurt cake)

No comments: